SUMMARY OF AUSTRALIAN 457 VISA ISSUES
457 VISA ISSUES
- The Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL)have now been replaced as of the 19th of April 2017 with two new lists referred to as the Short-TermSkilled Occupations List (STSOL) and Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
- New 457 sponsorships, nomination or visa applications lodged after the 19th of April 2017 must ensure that the occupation nominated is on the new Short-Term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL) and Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) introduced as of the 19th of April 2017.
- Any 457 sponsorship, nomination or visa applications for the occupations that are NOT listed in STOL or MLTSSL that have not yet received a decision by the 18th April will NOT be approved.
- After 18th April 2017 –457 visa applicants for the occupations listed in STSOL can be granted a temporary work visa for 2 years and 457 visa applicants for the occupations listed in MLTSSL can be granted a temporary work visa for 4 years.
- From March 2018, the 457 visa will be abolished and replaced with the TSS (Temporary Skill Shortage) visa. The TSS visa will be comprised of a Short-Term stream of up to two years, and a Medium-Term stream of up to four years.
- Organisations sponsoring skilled individuals will still need to meet Labour Market Testing and training contribution requirements.
- From March 2018 – applicants must have 2 years FULL TIME work experience prior to applying for the TSS.